15 Apr Arrowhead Lakes Tornado Damage
On April 1, 2023 around 1:30 a.m., an EF1 tornado ripped through Arrowhead Lakes Resort. There were no fatalities at the resort, but a few were injured and taken to the hospital.
Below is a timeline to walk you through the events that followed the tornado:
- April 3 – We allowed members with a camper on a site to come in to Arrowhead Lakes for insurance purposes only. Assessment and debris cleanup was still ongoing and it was not safe for unauthorized individuals to be in the resort.
- April 7 – We allowed anyone with a camper or property at Arrowhead Lakes to come in, but with a staff escort as it was still unsafe.
- April 10 – We partially reopened Arrowhead Lakes for camping only (sites 71-208). Many amenities, campsites and rental units were still closed.
- April 13 – Putt putt, activities, and a makeshift store opened at Arrowhead Lakes.
- April 15 – The Wapakoneta Chamber of Commerce helped organize a massive community volunteer cleanup effort at Arrowhead Lakes.
- April 15 – We opened Indian Lake Resort early (scheduled to open May 1) for camping.
Our hearts and condolences go out to everyone who went through this difficult time. Our staff have been working hard to clean up the resort and get things back up and running as they are able. We can’t say thank you enough to everyone who has reached out to give their support and offered their help through this difficult time. 💙